System Administrator – IT (Bangalore Location)
Responsibilities for System Administrator
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install new network software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems. Plan and perform system backups and recovery.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to the Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) including VPN connectivity, etc. Recommend and schedule repairs.
- Escalate and work with external IT vendors to resolve any complex requests related to PCs, printers, applications, and file security permissions.
- Remediate network security issues from both internal and external sources (including viruses, spamming, and any unauthorized use of company network resources) utilizing anti-virus and anti-spam software tools to protect the Company’s information assets.
- Operate in compliance with vendors’ software licensing requirements and ensure it is kept at the desired level of currency.
- Maintain accurate inventory of PC hardware and software utilizing asset management tools.
- Maintain up-to-date PC firmware, MS Windows, antivirus, and other software patch updates, ensuring user productivity.
- Assist outside vendors with the maintenance and troubleshooting of systems at multiple company locations.
- Stay abreast of technology developments, looking for ways to improve the Company’s productivity in the use of information technology.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Qualifications for System Administrator
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certification in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
We are a young company rolling out our operations across the country and other markets. We value people who are willing to work beyond the hard lines of a job description and who are strongly committed to what they do, to themselves, and to the company that they work for. We provide an environment that is friendly, and where people are happy to come to work every day.
Our compensation structure is designed to attract the best talent and is among the best in the industry.
We are looking for motivated individuals across levels in different functional areas of laboratory operations, sales, marketing, accounts, inspection, and purchase.
If you want to help build a market-leading business, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the function in the subject line.